- A lot of the difficulty I have in applying o11y is in projects like PL Compilers and their associated CI+CD.
- How would, say, the Rust project take advantage of o11y?
- Does it make sense to try and dump the entire log of a CI pipeline into honeycomb? What about compiler error messages? Test suite output?
- Projects that can have people send log dumps but in no circumstances would “invisible evil metrics phoning home” be allowed?
- Can it be used to debug things like detailed performance and tracing in a compiler?
- Black box ingestion of stdout?