- Whether a system favors yield or harvest (or is even capable of reducing harvest) tends to be an outcome of its design.
- DevOps Topologies
- Relating whether a system optimizes for harvest or yield to software engineering.
Relating CAP tradeoffs to software cultures:
- google: consistency over availability
- amazon: availability over consistency
- If a company tolerates divergence, consistency and availability can be maintained even with partition failures.
- Most companies do not tolerate divergence, which often manifests itself in not granting their employees sufficient autonomy to succeed.