CAP Theorem for Software Engineering
- Whether a system favors yield or harvest (or is even capable of reducing harvest) tends to be an outcome of its design.
They offer more advice on ways to improve the process as part of an emphasis onas a means of , rather than for the sake of facilitating .
- Relating whether a system optimizes for harvest or yield to software engineering.
- Relating CAP tradeoffs to software cultures:
- google: consistency over availability
- amazon: availability over consistency
- If a company tolerates divergence, consistency and availability can be maintained even with partition failures.
- Most companies do not tolerate divergence, which often manifests itself in not granting their employees sufficient autonomy to succeed.