Organized groups of people who have a common interest in a specific technical or business domain. They collaborate regularly to share information, improe their skills, and work on advancing the general knowledge of the domain.
Culture built around networking, personal relationships, shared knowledge, common skills, and voluntary participation.
Three properties needed for a Communities of Practice
- An area of shared interest
- A shared body of knowledge, experiences, and techniques
- A self-selected group of individuals who care enough about the topic to participate in regular interactions
How to spread devops methodologies successfully:
- communities of practice
- proof of concept (as a template, as a seed)
- Overall idea: community building, “emergent”, lightweight and low cost experiments.
- How to spread devops methodologies successfully: