Questions for Leadership
- Are teams delivering working software to at least some subset of real users every iteration (including the first) and gathering feedback? (alt: every two weeks)
- Is there a product charter that lays out the mission and strategic goals? Do all members of the team understand both, and are they able to see how their work contributes to both?
- Is feedback from users turned into concrete work items for sprint teams on timelines shorter than one month?
- Are teams empowered to change the requirements based on user feedback?
- Are teams empowered to change their process based on what they learn?
- Is the full ecosystem of your project agile? (Agile programming teams followed by linear, bureaucratic deployment is a failure.)
For a team working on agile, the answer to all of these questions should be “yes.”