One of the tenants of the idea of CI/CD/CC is pushing power and autonomy further down the chain so that people can be empowered to tighten their feedback loops. This has been demonstrated by the critical success of kubernetes and other “devops” tooling in enabling a “services first” style of IT.
- Computational power should be an abstract API whenever possible
Self service portals enable people to get common tasks done quickly
Create private/sandboxed versions of services and apps
- Docker repo, PXE/AMI/“baked” images, gitlab runners, distributed CI caches, VMs
Create meta tooling to manage infrastructure
- Metrics measuring, dashboards, charts, etc.
Link to documentation wherever possible
- Documentation gets internalized when it’s viewed as close as possible to its natural context.
- Create private/sandboxed versions of services and apps