- software is either dead (out of production) or alive. If its alive, it needs to grow
limitation of team is cognitive load. There are three types:
- germane: business domain. Complexity here has value.
- intrinsic: language, frameworks, integrations, runtimes. Necessary complexity.
Extrinsic: procedures, credentials, everything else. Eliminate this as much as possible.
- Automate away extrinsic complexity
- Atomist sits on the entire github org and allows you to write configuration for enabling features per org rather than per repo so you don’t have to repeat boilerplate.
- consistency is for machines, drugery is for machines, waiting is for machines.
- creating an event bus to handle everything.